I took a lot of care to make sure the front timing cover and rear covers were on correctly, and within specification. Without a proper seal all the way around, oil leaks are inevitable, so I went slow and cautiously.
One thing I realized is that I forgot to drill out the rivets on the oil pan and had to do this carefully as I had already painted and had the oil pan cleaned at the machine shop. I did not want to get any metal from the drilling into the pan so I triple taped the thing up and that took some time, but the peace of mind was worth it. On went the gasket and the oil pan and I started to feel like I was making some progress with the engine rebuild.
So, check out the video, and be sure to check out my other videos, subscribe to my YouTube channel, and like and comment. Thanks!